A Message to Our Patients
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routine. While many things have changed, one thing remains the same, our commitment to your health and safety. We are excited to serve our community and see our patients again, but will do so safely, resuming treatment in phases. Infection control has always been a top priority at our office. Our procedures are created to keep you safe and comfortable. As information regarding COVID 19 updates frequently, please know that we are staying on top of the latest research and implementing many additional safety measures.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued, ensuring that our infection control procedures adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. These changes have been made to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
Before Your Appointment
- Our office will call you the day before your appointment to ask some screening questions to assure that it is medically appropriate for you to keep your appointment. Any patients showing signs of fever or other symptoms related to COVID-19 will be asked to reschedule.
Upon Arrival at the Office
- When you arrive at our office, you may be asked to remain in your car. Please call us at (413-253-9582) upon your arrival to let us know you are here.
- A staff member will take your temperature with a thermal forehead thermometer, and review the screening questionnaire.
- We ask that anyone entering the office wear a mask or face covering.
- We request that you use the hand sanitizing station in the reception area when you enter. Hand sanitizer will be available in multiple locations throughout the Practice.
- Please continue to practice social distancing measures in the common areas of the office.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at the front desk check-in areas.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Our office has been equipped with a new UV germicidal air purification system.
- As always, all operatories will be completely disinfected before patients are seated.
- Our team will strictly follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the governing bodies in Dentistry.
- After your appointment, our Patient Care Coordinators will contact you to discuss any follow up treatment, to schedule future visits and to collect payment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe. To make an appointment, please call our office at 413-253-9582 or visit our website at email@example.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing you, our patients, neighbors and friends.
The Amherst Dental Group